Friday, March 13, 2009

Numbers don't matter

A friend and I were discussing the images we are constantly bombarded with of perfect women with perfect skin and in perfect shape. Women get so upset when they go to a clothing store and the size they normally wear dosn't fit. Well, FYI not all clothing manufacturers size their garments the same. One manufacturers size 10 may be anothers size 12. Something to think about before you become so depressed that you're ready to throw yourself under a bus! How about after killing yourself working out, you step on the scale only to find you've barly lost anything. You may look better and you may feel better, but that dosn't matter because all you can focus on is the number. We forget that when we excerise we build muscle which can add weight. Muscle is good! I have a difficult time watching a 25 year old advertise how beautiful, firm and wrinkle free her skin is because she uses a particular beauty cream. Gimme a break you're 25! Show me a 50+ woman using that cream and I might be convinced. I have to say though, that I LOVE the new Dove Self Esteem Campaign designed to show young girls how beautiful and special all women are. The ads show women of all ages from all walks of life happy in the skin they're in. It's a beautiful thing. I've decided I'd like to be in that ad. Well anyway, the point is take care of yourself so you feel good and don't look at the number. The number means nothing. Just like age. If I wake up, know who I am, know where I am, can dress myself and recognize my husband it's a great day!

No comments:

Post a Comment